The Senior Pastor Search Committee invites you to join us for the following events as we welcome our candidate to Greystone Baptist Church. Please be sure to join us tomorrow night in the fellowship hall to learn about the candidate and hear more about our process. There are several events open to the entire church congregation, including the informational session on October 30th, Q+A session on November 3rd, and worship service on November 4th. There are other events scheduled throughout the weekend for various groups of the GBC congregation.
We are so grateful for your prayers and support during this ten-month process. We appreciate the trust that you have placed in this committee and process, and we continue to pray with you the prayer of “holy indifference,” that God’s will be done.
October 30th, Tuesday
- 7:00pm – 8:00pm: Pastor Search Committee will hold a Conversation with Congregation (Fellowship Hall). All are welcome! Childcare provided for kindergarten and under.
November 2, Friday
- 5:00 – 6:00pm: Informal Gathering for Parents and Children (Patio between Two Roosters, Gonza at 7713-39 Lead Mine Rd). Bring your children for some informal fellowship and fun! Our candidate will leave at 6pm for dinner with the diaconate, but feel free to stay and eat with other GBC families. [UPDATE, due to rain we are meeting in the fellowship hall for games and a Halloween candy swap]
- 6:30 pm: Dinner with Diaconate and Spouses
November 3rd, Saturday
- 9:00am: Coffee and Donuts (Fellowship Hall). All are welcome!
- 9:30am: Q+A Session with the candidate and the Search Committee (Fellowship Hall). All are welcome! Childcare provided for kindergarten and under.
- 11:00am: Fellowship with GBC Charter Members (Gathering Room)
- Noon: Lunch with Youth and Youth Parents (Fellowship Hall). Sub-sandwich lunch will be provided.
- 2:00pm: Visit at Springmoor
November 4th, Sunday
- 9:15am: Coffee and Cider (Fellowship Hall). All are welcome!
- 9:30am: Sunday School – The candidate will visit several classes.
- 10:30am: Worship Service – The candidate will lead and preach in view of a call.
- Following Worship: Called church in conference.