Annually, in accordance with the Bylaws of our Church Constitution, church members elect six members of the congregation to serve as Deacons for a three-year term. Adult men and women (18 years or older) may be nominated by the membership, provided the nominees have agreed to have their names put forth. This year, nominations will be accepted through 12:00pm, Friday, May 12.
Based on these nominations and its own deliberations, the Deacon Nominating Committee then develops a list of qualified candidates to be contacted. This contact provides an opportunity for the ones nominated to ask questions about the nature of the office of Deacon, the work and level of commitment that is expected and to hear the nominee’s final decision to serve. When the nominees have indicated that they are willing to serve, the names are presented to the congregation for election and affirmation.
Please prayerfully consider your responsibility as a faithful member to seek out those worthy of service in this ministry and then nominate them online for consideration. Please secure the permission of the person(s) you nominate.
Completed nomination forms should be submitted by 12:00pm on Friday, May 12 by
- (a) filling out the online form (link below)
- (b) returning a completed paper nomination form (download form below)
- (c) submitting a completed paper nomination form at one of the in-person services
The following people are ineligible to be nominated or elected this year:
- Rotated off in 2022: Pat Boone, Lilian Grant, Joanne Thompson, Steve Wheeler, Elizabeth Worley
- Rotating off in 2023: Chris Austin, Bill Baxley, Jerry Chiles, Carla LeNoir, Will Moody, Lisha Stewart
- Continuing to serve: Blair Andrew, Julie Green, Tim Hendrix, Gary Hollingsworth, John Meyer, Laura Nelson, Amy Ng, Cathy Perkinson, Dave Phillips, Ramona Taylor, Ron Thompson, Keith Vaughn
Please prayerfully consider your responsibility as a faithful member to seek out those worthy of service and use the form below to submit your nomination(s).