Annually, in accordance with the Bylaws of our Church Constitution, church members elect six members of the congregation to serve as Deacons for a three-year term. Adult men and women (18 years or older) may be nominated by the membership, provided the nominees have agreed to have their names put forth. This year, nominations will be accepted through 3:00pm, Monday, July 25.
Based on these nominations and its own deliberations, the Deacon Nominating Committee then develops a list of qualified candidates to be contacted. This contact provides an opportunity for the ones nominated to ask questions about the nature of the office of Deacon, the work and level of commitment that is expected and to hear the nominee’s final decision to serve. When the nominees have indicated that they are willing to serve, the names are presented to the congregation for election and affirmation.
Please prayerfully consider your responsibility as a faithful member to seek out those worthy of service in this ministry and then nominate them online for consideration. Please secure the permission of the person(s) you nominate.
Completed nomination forms should be submitted by 3:00pm on Monday, July 25, by
- (a) filling out the online form (link below)
- (b) returning a completed paper nomination form (download form below)
- (c) submitting a completed paper nomination form at one of the in-person services
The following people are ineligible to be nominated or elected this year:
- Rotated off in 2021: Carol Allen, Leigh Ammons, Kay Meyer, Bob Millikan, Genice Nix, Linda Peterson
- Rotating off in 2022: Pat Boone, Lilian Grant, Joanne Thompson, Steve Wheeler, Elizabeth Worley
- Continuing to serve: Blair Andrew, Chris Austin, Bill Baxley, Jerry Chiles, Julie Green, Gary Hollingsworth, Carla LeNoir, John Meyer, Will Moody, Laura Nelson, Cathy Perkinson, Lisha Stewart
Please prayerfully consider your responsibility as a faithful member to seek out those worthy of service and use the form below to submit your nomination(s).