Celebrate with us!
Greystone’s Buddy Break ministry marks 5 years of serving families with special needs this month. We invite you to celebrate with us on Sunday, November 12 with coffee, juice and donuts in the Fellowship Hall from 9:30-10 AM. If you have ever participated as a Buddy, please wear your t shirt that day.
Our first Buddy Break was held November 16, 2012 with 2 VIPs (children with special needs) and 1 sibling: Deanna Choplin, Neave & Pearse McNeilly. Volunteers attending were Annette McSpadden, Heather Choplin, Nancy Register, Jeff Register, Jill Pike, Skip Pike, Carol Allen, Ginny Liverance, Lou Dawson, Tina Pickles and Liz Nichols.
Since then, we have really grown!
* Over 175 volunteers trained
* Provided respite care to 34 families/50 children
* 45 Buddy Break sessions held
* 4 Christmas parties enjoyed by our families.
* Experienced blessings over and over
* Greystone Baptist was given the Community Partnership Award for our ministry by The ARC of the Triangle in September 2017
We could not have done all this without so may people at Greystone who have supported us over the last 5 years!
Other than serving as buddies, we have had volunteers serve in many different ways:
* Liaisons to our families
* Help set up for us each month
* Provide lunches for our buddies each month
* Provide food for special events
* Contribute money, gifts and gift cards for our families
* Advertising our program.
* Entertaining our buddies and kids
We are still growing and always need more volunteers. Please consider joining our Buddy Break program in any of these (or other) ways. For more information, email us at email@example.com